View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
I'm just outlining my parameters.

Furthermore, the reason I am asking is because I have used OEM pads and rotors for several track days and am putting up some good times. I don't have a goal in mind to become a Joe Pro race car driver, just want a good set of pads and rotors on and off the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
I'm just a casual track day guy (3-4 times a year). Might start braking a LITTLE harder with a better setup. Props to those who go balls out and have deep "car parts budget" pockets.
So you go to the track 3-4 times a year. Got it.
So you have been reasonably pleased with OEM pads so far. Got it.
So you don't push your braking on the track. Got it.

This is all very relevant information that you did not provide in your OP

The Hawk HP+ pads should be fine for you. Lots of other pad options out there as well. Carbotech has the right idea though: they say their street pads are not suitable for any track use.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote