View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What is the equivalent Carbotech pads to Hawk HP+? I don't know that answer.

As for the longest lasting track/DD pads. That depends on the track and your experience. The more track time you get. The faster you become. The shorter your pad life. I've known guys to change pads after each track day. Rotors play a part in this to. I have Racing Brake 2 piece rotors. Which is a HARD rotor. I haven't tracked yet with the Carbotech's and these rotors. So I may be changing the pads to something with more bit. Most of the other rotors out there are a softer iron.
Thanks Rusty! You always seem to reply to my posts with a solid perspective. Honestly, I think either combo will be fine based on some info ive read here and now online recently. If I have lasted this long with OEM rotors and pads I'm sure a small upgrade like this will yield the same longevity. I'm just a casual track day guy (3-4 times a year). Might start braking a LITTLE harder with a better setup. Props to those who go balls out and have deep "car parts budget" pockets.
308 rwhp | 252 rwtq | Fast Intentions CBE 18" Res | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | EcuTek Tune | Stoptech Slotted Rotors and Sport Pads | KW V3 Coilovers | SPL Upper Control Arms & Lower Rear Arms | Seibon CF TS Hood | Vossen CVT | SPC Toe bolts
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote