View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatnowGamer View Post
I see what you mean, I've viewed CarbonZ's 1000 hp build thread but haven't checked back in awhile. I'll keep updated on his thread to see how his build turns out. Since he's the only one with the FI Stage 3 kit, hopefully he'll make a review on it. But, seeing as many people are very happy with the FI Stage 2, it obviously proves FI is reliable, so I don't see why Stage 3 would be any worse, if not better.

So I should plan to build off of my stock 3.7 block, and scratch the stroker kit idea? With a built 3.7 engine and the FI Stage 3 kit, I should be able to reach 1000 hp safely?
Also, do you know anyone whose got the 370Z R-LINE TWIN PUMP FUEL SYSTEM from AAM? It seems like it'll do well, but I don't know how reliable it is.
Of course I might just go with CJM for my fuel.

Thanks for the help
A built 3.7L motor will get you to 1000hp without a problem. However, its to be noted that quality components and a good engine builder can make or break your car and its reliability. For internals I would look into Arias, CP, Mahle, and Carillo. These are the top manufacturers that everyoe with a reliable build is running. A few have chosen K1 rods which are a medium grade budget rod. Its a great rod for those in the 600-700hp range but for 1000hp I would go carillo or Mahle. Arias and CP make great pistons for the Z and have proven to be extremely tough.

Just remember when you go stage 3 with FI they customize your turbos to your motor size to ensure you get the best efficiency and response from the kit. I have had long conversations with Tony (the owner) of Fast Intentions and their mentality to Turbo kits is SPOT ON!

As far as fuel system there are multiple options AAM is one option. However CJM is another option. You will want to go to a twin pump and ID1300's as a minimum.

Remember when you mod this far you have to have the expectation that more service is going to be needed. The reason I say this is because your taking a car making 330bhp and now pushing 350+% more power through the chassis and drivetrain. If your wanting to stage the build I would get a built motor with mild headwork (upgraded valves and retainers plus a port job) in stock displacement and compression and run that until your ready to throw the TT kit and fuel system in at one time.

Staging the install is going to cost your more in the long run if you are using a shop to do the labor. its best to do it all in 1 shot and I would splurge and get ecutek!
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote