View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 07:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
Bringing this thread back from the grave .

I live in Germany and would like to return to the Nurburgring with a very capable car. I used to take my 350Z on the Ring with Eibach Pro Kit springs, OEM shocks, Nismo sways, and 255/285 RE-11 tires, and though it performed well, the suspension simply wasn't suited for that track. My 370Z is currently on KW V1 coilovers, wider 265/305 RE-11s, but with the OEM sway bars. Which brand would you suggest for a high-speed track with sweeping corners and drastic elevation changes, Stillen or Hotchkis? I'm sure both would be an improvement from stock.
I personally after searching a bunch went with stillen. My reasoning was the wide range of adjustment and I daily drive my car too. Sometimes stiffer isn't better. If on slippery surface wet and the car pushes the front you need to soften the front up to get as much front grip as you can. With the hotchkiss it sound extremely stiff and you have no adjustment. So now your only option is to stiffen the rear to try and overpower the front but now you drive like a bar of soap with zero compliance. With the stillen you have 5 settings in the front and 3 in the rear to tailor balance and grip for conditions. I would rather have my bars have the option to be tailored to whatever spring/damper rates I am using or going to use rather than tailor my spring and damper rates around my front bar.

In my believe sway bars should be used along with damper settings to achieve a balance for front to rear handling and spring rates should be used to resist roll.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote