View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
WhatnowGamer
Base Member

Drives: 15' Nismo MT
WhatnowGamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
The benefit of the stroker kit is your low end torque. Not only that but with the normal size turbos (meant for the 3.7L) you will be flowing more cfm than the 3.7L which means the turbos should spool faster but with the negative effect of a lower top end. This is all dependent on the turbos you pick and the size stroker you go with. A big advantage of not going bigger than 4.0L is that you get to have stock bore size. One of the downsides of the 4.5L is the larger rotating mass which requires a special cometic head gasket. A plus side is the car has a lot more torque and acts more like a hi revving v8.
I see, so sticking with the stock block would be a smarter idea if you're not really looking to fabricate. It'd be better to stick with that 3.7 block and just build from there. What do you think is a good idea for crank if I stick with the stock block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
Keep in mind traction in a boosted z the first 2 gears are pretty much a waste because all you would do is spin the tires from the power. Based on that FACT save your money on buying a stroker kit kit because you don't need anymore tq down low. Again where do you want to be in power and how big is your wallet??
Not sure, do you have any idea how much pounds of boost the FI Stage 3 kit will go at max? I'm pretty sure I'm not going to reach that max limit anyways, just curious. I'm looking to reach 1000hp and above, reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Considering these two have spent close to a new house buying turbos, motors, and whatever upgrades I would take their two cents. Do some researching on guys who have built some crazy Z with stroker kits. You definitely have the funds are great, and once you get that beast up and running you will want more power. Like Cosmo said how much money you have to spend will determine how much power you will make.
I'm looking for 1000hp, and I'll definitely do some research on people who have previously purchased the stroker kit and I'll see what they've come out with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
All this talk of big power, makes me horny.

Last edited by WhatnowGamer; 04-30-2016 at 06:30 PM.
WhatnowGamer is offline   Reply With Quote