View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
I have to apologize for not being clear in an earlier post. I even re-quoted it without realizing it.

I thought that the last phrase with the word "continue" would make clear that I've always changed in our previous vehicles at a 1-year interval, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. I must admit that the phrase "as I have in all my vehicles of the past" could be understood to apply to the first part of the sentence. It does not.

So now I'll say that I've never changed any of our present or previous vehicles' oil at a two-year interval. In fact, for our year-round Outlander I have changed oil twice in one year when we have put on more than normal kms.
I'm glad to hear that you are not doing 2 year oil changes. I change the oil on my Z 3-4 times a year based on mileage alone.

Also, my oil changes cost ~$30, so there's really no reason to try and extend the life of the oil. I just picked up 5 quarts of Mobil 1 at Walmart for $22.88 the weekend before last.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |