View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You said you've done two year OCIs in all your previous cars. I still question what makes you think that a two year interval is ok. It is very likely that your other car manufacturers recommend 6 month minimum OCI just like Nissan. I bet its not 2 years

Also, I read your logic for 1 year oil changes ... Go read the Bob The Oil Guy forums and you'll quickly realize it's far more complicated than your explanation. FWIW, I have seen manufacturer recommended 12,500mile/1year OCIs recommended on some vehicles in recent years, but they were not high performance sports cars.
I have to apologize for not being clear in an earlier post. I even re-quoted it without realizing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
Although I think that changing oil every two years with the extended-service oil would be fine, as I have in all my vehicles of the past, I'll continue to be overcautious and change oil once per year. For our summer-only Z, this will be at the end of the last ride of the driving season with regular-service Mobil 1.
I thought that the last phrase with the word "continue" would make clear that I've always changed in our previous vehicles at a 1-year interval, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. I must admit that the phrase "as I have in all my vehicles of the past" could be understood to apply to the first part of the sentence. It does not.

So now I'll say that I've never changed any of our present or previous vehicles' oil at a two-year interval. In fact, for our year-round Outlander I have changed oil twice in one year when we have put on more than normal kms.