View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Although I think that changing oil every two years with the extended-service oil would be fine, as I have in all my vehicles of the past, I'll continue to be overcautious and change oil once per year. For our summer-only Z, this will be at the end of the last ride of the driving season with regular-service Mobil 1.

Thanks again.
I encourage you to send off samples of your oil after each change to Blackstone Labs. It only costs $25 and they'll even send you free materials to ship the oil. They will give you straight up facts about the quality of your oil and the amount of contaminants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwins Child View Post
I think some commenters need an update for our 3K km per driving season Z.

I hate quoting myself, but I already conceded defeat on the two-year interval in my post #13 earlier in this thread:
You said you've done two year OCIs in all your previous cars. I still question what makes you think that a two year interval is ok. It is very likely that your other car manufacturers recommend 6 month minimum OCI just like Nissan. I bet its not 2 years

Also, I read your logic for 1 year oil changes ... Go read the Bob The Oil Guy forums and you'll quickly realize it's far more complicated than your explanation. FWIW, I have seen manufacturer recommended 12,500mile/1year OCIs recommended on some vehicles in recent years, but they were not high performance sports cars.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |