Thread: Bmw m2
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #110 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
for the money you need to get to 400 NA HP I'd rather go boost.

also the Q60 is going to be overpriced. a Q50 AWD 3.0T 400 red sport with tech option is 60k or 58k for RWD. for that money I would rather have the BMW M2 or something else. the Q50 hasn't grown on me and the Q60 will easily be 60k as well which for that price you can have a Z51 C7 or a very used GT-R.
I would have to drive them back to back. The Q60 should be a little lighter than the M2 and have 30 more hp. It may have Z like driving dynamics at that weight and power level. But the M2 has DCT which makes it a more compelling offer, plus the rarity of an M car. But we'll see.

I know getting in cams and getting the right tune will be halfway to a turbo in terms of money. But you're talking 180lbs to the front of the car. Plus having to bulk up the AT to handle turbo power which nod throws the cost higher for the turbo. The NA set up will last longer in reliability and hopefully I'll have the Z35 to mod the stock turbos to.