View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
Because when i latch it down on the drivers side i'm practically bending it to force it to latch because 1 side is sitting higher than the other. I'm worried about the stress thats putting on the hood and it may crack. I also dont think it's normal to sit uneven like that so wanted to see if others had the issue.

I even put the hood on my living room floor with no hardware on it at all and one side is lower than the other.

Seibon is trying to tell me it's normal.
I also cannot close mine by just pushing the hood down. I actually let it drop from about 6 inches above the core support and it locks in place and i don't put stress on the drivers side. The whole hood absorbs and distributes the impact. I don't know if that's something you're willing to try but i have been closing mine like that for 2 years now and it hasn't damaged the hood at all.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote