View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:07 PM   #2195 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

goodam/pm

cleaned the STI's undercarriage and took it out for a spin. had a good time.

the sprinkler undercarriage wash from yesterday did well. there were only very minor traces of salt left.

dogdamn salt sucks though. there were rust on the exhaust piping where after some steel wool app, my finger nail would catch. eaten away.

took my rotary wire brush on the milwaukee and removed all rust spots on the worst part of the exhaust just forward of the Y split where it curves (exposed to kick up from front tires). used metal polish on all exhaust bits afterwards to protect.

down pipe, mid pipe resonator, rear flanges, and axleback are stainless... but the piping and other flanges are steel.. unless i liked the sound of this factory exhaust i would've just swapped it with an aftermarket catback for sure.. will use for a yr or so until nasty looking and swap it out.