View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool RJ Manufacturing Initial Review

So I just got my hands on the very first unit of the RJ Manufacturing GTR Intake Conversion. This is a preproduction model and should resemble very closely to the unit you will receive from RJ Manufacturing. With that being said this is an extremely inclusive kit providing you everything you will need minus your GTR intake of choice. One thing to Note is that everything made by RJ Manufacturing in this kit is made in the USA. The only thing they can't speak to is the OEM Nissan gaskets that are included in the kit.

Now this is an inclusive kit:

Everything is made out of 100% Billet Aluminum and super light weight!

You can even opt for Radium Fuel Pulse Dampners: (A great touch!)

My Initial Impressions:

The Kit is extremely inclusive it has everything you could need from a hardware stand point. Not only that a LOT of thought and engineering went into this design. Every port is Gasket matched which speaks volume for performance. The finished has a very jewel look and as you will be able to tell later on is not visible at all once your upper is installed. I Personally like the look and wish it was visible from the top. All the parts are top notch quality and all the CNC work is extremely clean. No garbage or excess metal shavings to be found. Everything threaded very well on mock up and no binding or cross threading any where. The hardware is also stainless steel and button head bolts using an Allen key which makes for an easier install.

The Install:
Since this is the first unit ever being installed into a live engine bay with all of the components that go into a swap I am putting together instructions and production revision notes for RJ Manufacturing. I am used to working with prototype and preproduction products and normally you have at least a half dozen or more fixes needed... In this kit I only found one dummy proof item and that is labeling the manifold with which side is front... It is very easy to confuse the front with the back since the runners line up perfectly either way and the unit drops in flawlessly... Putting the unit in backwards will lead to the fuel rails seeming like they will not fit. With that being said this is a extremely well thought out kit and everything is laid out in a manner that a mechanic will love this kit. Everything is easy to access, Everything fits even in the extremely tight tolerance places. I was very very pleasantly surprised how easy this thing is to install. The only area a person may have trouble with will be the rails but not because of the kit but rather the tight tolerances of our engine space. The Rails have been trimmed to give you easy routing of your injector cable and pigtails. I am running EV14 style injectors which is the biggest you will possibly run and I had no issues with installing them or the pig tails... Just took a little more time than stock style and some patience when routing those thick pig tails.

Design:
There was some serious thought here... Everything from proper runner alignment, Proper injector alignment, to ease of install and even maintenance. The designer really took the time to look at this from the mechanics viewpoint and end user. What can I say other than Wow Someone made a product and really thought through every aspect of it. The runners are gasket matched, The injector ports are properly angled to ensure correct fuel spray, The Fuel rails and mounts are tilted to ensure the injectors stay in line. The fuel rail mounting points are super easy to get to and put in place. The rear crossover for the upper intake plenum is perfect and makes getting to the rear manifold bolts effortless. The chamfer on the rails and manifold make for a tight yet relatively easy install of the injectors. I mean I can go on and on but once you see this unit first hand all you will say is money well spent!

Performance:
Coming Soon

Comparison to GTM/Gamma GTR Conversion:
Coming Soon

I I had to give this thing a rating of 1-10... I would give it a freaking 11!!!! So glad I made the switch! Finishing up the install and instructions tonight. I didn't have enough vacuum hose for the Radium FPDs to my intake manifold port. So I will be grabbing some more tubing and finishing up the install.

Mike
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054

Last edited by bullitt5897; 03-31-2016 at 09:44 AM.
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote