View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #4287 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post

It’s all about what works for you. Too many people get wrapped up in such and such uses this gun/round/technique, the forum say get this or do this, x brand is the only brand worth buying (cough, cough Glock fanboys ), this technique is the only one you should be using etc. Use and do what works well, the best for you. I have my opinions on calibers/guns/techniques/POUs and so does every one else but they are just my/their opinions so take them as such. I have found that some of the main stream/popular techniques just don’t work for me and/or just don’t make enough sense to me to use. Be open to new techniques and products but always go with what works for you. No point in using the latest and greatest if you can’t hit the target.
Amen. I trained with Col. Jeff Cooper at Gunsite a lifetime ago, and then it was '.45 or nothing'. I tried PPC & IPSC and realized I needed more training, I couldn't shoot for crap with someone standing over my shoulder. The one thing I know for sure, you gotta keep training. It's just like physical fitness, the mental fitness and coordination of mind/body to put rounds on target when you need to, is a never-ending process.