View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Whittie
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q60s Limited
Whittie is on a distinguished road

Well I caved in and bought myself a Smart Strings alignment system and got under the car last weekend ahead of a Porsche autocross to get the rear end under control.

At my last event I had 0 rear toe, hit 15 cones in 6 runs and threw away the video evidence to keep from being further embarrased. This time I put 1/32" of toe-in on each rear wheel and the result was INCREDIBLE!

The car was just so much better, I am still tingling it was that much fun! So easy to drive on the limit, very forgiving and just smooth. Here is the video from my best run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kbkgL4yRw

I have ordered a Hotchkis front sway-bar which will be here in about 4 weeks :O so I'll get to try that as well.

Interesting note that the rear tyres are hotter on the inside about 10 degrees, but the fronts are hotter on the outside about 10 degrees. I need more front Camber, but I'm maxed out at 2.5 with the 7 degrees of caster. So, standard ride height kind of sucks and I'm not sure I want 3 degrees of front camber driving 60 miles for work each day This is why dedicated track cars are so much better when the funds allow
Whittie is offline   Reply With Quote