View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #86 (permalink)
amill94
Base Member

Drives: 06 TL
amill94 is on a distinguished road

Took out a Touring Sport 6MT last Monday. I've liked the look of the 370 since it was revealed. I have an RSX Type S with i/h/e and ecu reflash that I'm going to replace. The 370 will not be daily driven except in the spring and summer. Local dealer had 7 09's and only one that was 6mt. The sales guy was new which I didn't mind since I knew all about the car before I showed up at the dealer. I just wanted to drive it. Got to take it on a 20-25 minute ride of back roads and highway which was great. The car felt very solid throughout the drive. The s-mode rev match feature was pretty cool. The car felt pretty quick and had a nice low rpm pull, which coming from my Acura I really wanted. The best time I personally ran in my car was a 14 flat at 100mph. This car felt quicker and was ALOT more responsive in handling.

I'm going to drive the Camaro SS and see how that compares. I already know the Z will come out on top. The Camaro has a worse interior imo and is ALOT heavier so handling will not be in the same league as the Z, but I still have to drive it.

My only gripe was the blind spot when merging, but that is to be expected with the profile the car has. I was kinda hoping that if you upgraded to the touring you'd get the lcd screen w/ out the nav function like the G37 coupes. I really liked my friends G and the ipod integration. But if I get a base with the sport package I can swap the stereo for an aftermarket double din Navi unit.

After the drive I browsed the web for 370 forums and found this one. I was very surprised to see the benefits of bolt ons with the VQ. I didn't expect to see the gains these cars get. My RSX benefited heavily form the cold air intake and header in similar gains to the Z, so that's good to see. Overall I'm impressed with the car and will probably pick one up this spring in Pearl white or Platinum Graphite.

Been reading alot the past few days and appreciate all the info found here.
amill94 is offline   Reply With Quote