View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Ten things you need to know about the new Nissan GT-R | Top Gear
“One of the things we’ll change for the next generation is the height. Compared with other supercars, the R35’s frontal area is rather big. To me, the next generation – if I design it – definitely has to go low. That is mandatory. We cannot sustain the height from an aerodynamics and efficiency point of view.”

And anyone who has looked under, or into the engine bay, of a GT-R can sympathise with how well Nissan has worked at fitting all of its incredible gubbins in. But given more technology is set for the new car, it’s now an even greater challenge.

“The new car is taking time as there’s even more to package,” Nakamura said. “A full carbon [monocoque] is not realistic for this kind of production car and we have issues with the size of the battery and where to put it. That is a big challenge.”

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-27-2016 at 05:14 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote