View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:11 PM   #6642 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis370Z View Post
I'm debating this very thing. I've had it on the soft setting since installing it about six months ago. Handles great, but need to give the firm setting a try. What's the biggest difference that you noticed between the two settings? I'm also running the stock rear sway.
I honestly like the stiff setting best. The turn in feels great and it actually helped dial out most of the understeer I experienced during spirited drives. Generally too stiff in the front will add understeer on a rwd car but itll take a pretty stiff bar for that to happen in our cars. The Z needs all the bar it can get up front. Even on stiff, I have no problem getting the rear to rotate how I want using the throttle. Coupled with Swift springs and a good alignment, am pleased with how it handles at the moment.

Only reason I changed to the soft setting end of last year was due to bad roads around here. The difference isn't night and day but it was more comfortable when my wife and I were cruising around town. Soft is a good compromise from the stock bar. It still understeers but not as bad.

Last edited by b15; 03-10-2016 at 10:13 PM.