Thread: 7 at owners
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
i have 51k miles on mine and only about 100 miles have been in auto.

i only drive in manual mode. also i do every downshift besides 2>1 because thats bad for the AT.

as i put above i let it shift from 2 to 1 because thats the best for the tranny. also isometimes when coming to a stop i'll let it drop 3-2-1 on its own.
i agree about the 2>1 downshift statement. not sure if it does, in fact, damage anything going from 2 to 1, but this is my first auto. all my previous cars, including my 07 350Z, have been manual, and typically, the gearbox locks/prevents from going from 2nd to 1st, unless you're coming to a stop. i much rather be safe than sorry and never go from 2nd to 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
it is an awesome piece of the puzzle to making the Z great.

i am at 51k miles and my only "issues" to date are within a few months of buying it i guess coming up a hill in traffic the ECU/TCM didnt like something and tripped safe/limp mode. parked it, shut it off,waited 5-10 min, started back up 100% animal ready to go again.

bright side is that there are a lot of safety catches that will do their best to keep the car in one piece lol

only other "issue" is end of last driving season if i let the car drop itself from 3 to 2 there was a slight "Clunk". did the fluid change and whatnot still slightly there.

HOWEVER after it sat all winter i drove it finally monday-wed. and it's all gone which leads me to believe that was a TCM/ECU error not mechanical.
this happens once in a while. it's like an abrupt clunk and you're like