View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #5391 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
I've been using google and the search button like crazy. Part of it is just OCD and the other part is wanting to know every which way something might work/fail. I have no problem asking idiotic questions that seem simple to others. I struggled for 2 hrs putting the helper spring in the Z last year. I suck at working on cars. I can water cool a computer with custom built tubing in an hr though.
At least we now have Google and the forums. When I was starting out, it was all 'trial and error' and call dad for help. If I totaled up what I spent in broken/wrong parts and long distance phone calls to my dad, I think I'd probably freak out.

You are on the right track, the forum is a great resource.

I just wish I was a little better on the computer side. I've grown up with the silly things, my first was a TRS-80. I've built several, but some of the finer details, like how to network them, escapes me.