View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
You should, here's why

One they should up patrols in the area. And 2 if for someone has also got broken into in the area and maybe they know a suspect. If they catch said suspect and he's in possession of any of your belongings they can also change him with another burglary of an auto.

What most people don't see are "trends". I think you're late now if it happened earlier, but generally when guy's work like that they go through an entire neighborhood checking doors on cars. They hit every single car that has an open door and all the open door people pay what I like to call a "Stupid tax". Filing a report alerts the assigned district unit that he has a potential stat in his area. Better yet if it keeps happening then a Tac team will be sent out to cure it. Either way a report is a "squeaky wheel" at a minimum you lower the chances that the people on your block have the same thing happening to them.

Are they going to send a crack team of detectives and an undercover detail to your street? No. But if the CID get's a couple more reports just like yours the Watch Commander will definately pull the Sergeants ear and the Sergeant is going to tell the boot working mids on your street to step up his game.

BTW: They don't need a key anymore. The thieving bastards have been what I call "EMP'ing" cars for years now. They have a handheld device that sends a code to the ECU that the vehicles been in a crash and doors unlock.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote