View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #136 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Lol @ this dude talking **** to Chuck with an SRT Neon. His 500whp neon probably ran on that miracle dyno too. Never in the history of ever have I seen 100whp in the history of ever from an NA car without adding cams, upping the CR, spinning the hell out of it (which usually involves having cames and a fully built motor...). Only from maybe a domestic V8 with a $hit stock tune and a bucket of mods will it gain 50whp on just a tune. Nothing makes sense. Its not in the realm of possibility.

I'm making 327WHP/270WTQ on the generous STD measurement AT SEA LEVEL with Martin down here in FL tuning. Z1 Headers, upper & lower manifold and tuning from a place not well known in the Z community is going to magically make 50WHP/30WTQ more, even in death valley on a 30 degree day. Z1 Races the damn cars and they are making 350WHP. There is no other way outside of spinning the motor to over 8200rpm and a set of nasty cams and some head work.

The last beef is he's running an Invidia exhaust with 60mm pipes, which are 2.36". With most dual exhausts running 2.5", he's not running the best of everything. Not a knock on Invidia, just saying; everyone on this forum would be inclined to agree there are exhausts available that flow better coughFIAAMMDARKcough.

Also an excerpt from Tony at Motordyne when testing pipe diameters. For a guy running best of the best, you know, to make the kind of power he claims, he seems to have missed a step.

"Secondly, the smaller diameter pipes of the baseline invidia runs will indeed make more torque in the mid 2K RPM range. I've dyno tested the same thing with both 2.25" and 2.5" primary tubes on the XYZ pipe during development testing. I found this same difference of low end torque on the smaller pipes too but I also found the smaller primary pipes lose 2-3HP over a fairly wide range of high RPM. So the trade was made for more top end by selecting 2.5" primaries on the XYZ pipe."

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote