View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM   #4758 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
I need some help adulting. If I'm not finance savvy (stocks, bonds, yadda yadda), would it be best to invest in a college tuition plan where I'm buying credit hours at today's rate? I wanted to do a 529 plan but I don't even know how it works or how to run it. Though I know the rewards could be better than just buying the credit hours.
I think the 529 plans vary from state to state, but I believe you can only put so much $$ in per year. I would think you would be better off setting aside the money in a money market account, and taking advantage of scholarships that are offered. I got my associate's degree using scholarships; I wound up paying for the first two classes (first semester), then used scholarships at the community college for the next 3 semesters. The financial aid people told me that there are a lot of scholarships that don't get awarded, because no one applies.