View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be hard to get a real comparison here since a good comparison will come from people who have experience with both kits, which will probably only come from people in shops.

From what I have seen, both the FI kit and AAM kit are great kits. I personally own the AAM kit and from a hardware standpoint, the kit is awesome. I haven't installed it yet, so I don't have anything first hand to say about performance. The AAM kit comes out of the box good for over 700whp with the right fuel upgrades. I don't know if you have to buy a turbo upgrade to reach that power with the FI kit. I personally like the idea of the internally gated wastegates and "BOV" on the EFR turbos. It makes plumbing easy and I'm a "sleeper" fan.

Fast Intentions has a huge following here on the forums therefore you will get a lot of people saying they prefer Fast Intentions. They do have great products, so that's for good reason. However, AAM seems to be the red headed step child here. People will say the FI kit is better and not really know much about the AAM kit. I have had good experiences with AAM as a company and their products. The best 350z exhaust is the AAM single IMO, which is why I modified one to fit my 370z. What I'm saying is AAM offers some great products and it's easy to overlook when the forum favorite is FI.

Based off of my observations only (note not experience because I can't comment on both) I don't think it's really a matter of which kit is better per se, but more of which you prefer. Read up on FI and AAM builds and see what you personally like and dislike about both kits. If you want a BOV, FI will probably be a better buy for you. If you like sleeper and OEM fit, AAM is a good choice. I'm pretty sure if you talk with owners who actually own their respective kits, they will all tell you they love them. You may have to seek out the AAM owners as there aren't as many as FI owners, but if you're going to be making the plunge and are on the fence, doing your diligent research on each will benefit you.