View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 11:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
tonyHTX
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Race, Repair, Repeat
tonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Edit - If Tony's cool with it than so am I.
Not entirely true - we just were one of the first to install the kit outside of AAM whom never encountered the issue which we were challenged with, thus we took it upon ourselves to find a solution on our own. We did report our findings/adjustments to AAM in the end, whether or not changes were implemented to subsequent kits I do not know.

When I was purchasing my setup FI didn't have a kit for the G and wouldn't sell me one, on the other hand AAM allowed for my car being a test mule which worked out for me in the end.

I think the main difference between the kits are the turbos. The EFR turbos on the AAM kit are internally gated and also have recirculated bovs. This makes install slightly simpler, but makes maintenance of said parts more difficult. Also since the bovs don't vent to atmosphere the signature turbo purge sound is not there unless dual port valves are installed (this requires notching the passenger side motor bracket). Since FI uses external wastegates and vta bovs maintenance of those parts (if any) should be easier and of course the purge sound is there!

Another difference is the stock crash bar can be used with the AAM kit, but FI does offer a crashbar of their own (which looks quite sexy ).

I think your best bet is to contact both manufacturers and compare all facets from design, price, install difficulty, maintenance, and customer service.

Jotech is a standup place and regardless of which kit you choose I'm sure the end result will be many smiles per hour!

Last edited by tonyHTX; 02-20-2016 at 09:11 AM.
tonyHTX is offline   Reply With Quote