View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosta79 View Post
Lead time is not so much of an issue. What is the average lead time? I thought it was 2 months from all the other threads. The biggest issue for me is dealer network. My local installer really doesn't want to use them because they won't get dealer pricing. The relationship I have with my installer is important because if anything goes wrong, I'm taking my car back to them and not to the maker of the kit.

How have others gotten around this? Do they just buy the kit directly from FI and take it to their installer? (This doesn't make for a happy installer though)
The 8-12 week lead time is for their exhausts. I don't believe any TT lead times have been quoted anywhere on the forum.

Also, FI is very picky with who they work with because at the end of the day they are also putting their name on the line if something goes wrong. Your installer should still be happy they are getting the business even if you buy the kit from FI directly as that is as good amount of billable labor IMO