View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all
Default AAM vs Fast Intentions - Need Help With Comparison

From what I've been able to discern (please correct me where I am wrong or if I am missing something), here are the pros and cons of each kit:

Fast Intentions - Pros
* High quality kit
* Supports big power
* Excellent fit and finish
* Excellent reputation and proven reliability of kit

Fast Intentions - Cons
* Long lead times
* Poor dealer network (Jotech says they won't give them dealer pricing on a kit)

AAM - Pros
* High quality kit
* Supports big power
* Excellent fit and finish
* No modifications needed to install (Is this the same with the FI kit?)
* Maintains OEM easy access to change oil and filter (Is this the same with the FI kit?)
* Kits in stock
* Established dealer network

AAM - Cons
* New kit so reliability still needs to be proven

Is there anything else I'm missing?

From what I can put together, I can get the same or similar quality with the AAM kit without having to wait for the kit to be built and with a better dealer network. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Also, does the FI kit keep the OEM oil filter locations so that one can still easily change your own oil?

Thanks in advance!
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote