Thread: Birdman's Build
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 01:07 PM   #63 (permalink)
birdman71
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People Crazy!
birdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Wouldn't something along the lines of the RJM clutch pedal be of use since you could adjust the engagement window? Or is my train of thought off..? Cool build either way
I would look into that, but once the clutch breaks in about 2k miles I will be able to adjust engagement. Already have that planned unless I get super used to the feel of how it is.

***UPDATE***

Sadly on my way home from work my revolutions did a funny bounce while I was sitting at a light idling. Dropped from 700rpm to 400rpm, almost stalled, shot back up to 1100rpm and dropped to 600rpm and then settled at 700rpm again. When I started going I hear a mental pinging and clanging for about 2 or 3 seconds and then it stopped. After that power steering was out and the car had half the usual whp to it.
I got the car to my shop and the mechanic after like 2 or 3 mins of joking around and asking what happened with my friend and the mechanic, the mechanic popped my hood and was able to pull the pulley belt out near the intakes with plenty of slack.

I know my pulley belt and pulleys needed to be fixed already due to sounds being made under the hood and my Z having like 99,700 on the clock, but damnnn I only had my car for 22 hrs before I had to take it back and get something else fixed...

At least at this point I'll be able to fix my now blown out catalyzers and install my CF fenders and do my Rear Camber arms for alignment.

Kinda pissed but kinda happy that 3/4 of my 100k miles maintenance is done.

Birdman's Build:
Powerhouse Amuse/ Nismo/ Eibach/ ACT/ Tommy Kaira/ Avant Garde/ Fast Intentions/ Project Kics/ Fly 1 Motorsports/ EVO-R/ Z1 Motorsports/ Weber Sports/ Zoom/ Zele Japan
birdman71 is offline   Reply With Quote