View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Judging by the handful of times I've EVER tried braking with my left foot, I can only imagine the wreck I'd have if I tried a left foot braking maneuver while in a hot corner at the track. Hmmm, 360 degree spinout or 720 degree spinout? Or maybe a roll...

Maybe my left foot braking while playing Forza 3 with my wheel and pedals will actually improve my real life left foot braking
Meh... Forza is still too arcade to be of any real benefit. The only thing it's really good for is helping you keep your hand-eye coordination up.

If you really want to get some good track simulation experience, pick up a good wheel like a Logitech G25 and head over to iracing.com. You pick up skills there that directly translate to the real track as that's what the software is designed for. It can be pricey, though I think it's worth it. Read up on the technology that goes into it... it's very impressive. I can't believe how accurate the laser scanning is... VIR in the sim is a 100% correct recreation of VIR in real life... it's amazing.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote