View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 02:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
14BlackCherry
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z BC M6
14BlackCherry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
Happy afternoon all,

I am looking for any replacement for the front sway bar end links.
- I've seen SPL, but those apparently do not stay tight.

What is available for the front?

Well I'll provide my experience with SPL endlinks. I put them on, correct length, verified by SPL. Whenever I'm driving I can hear clunks as the road surface changes or if I hit imperfections in the asphalt. Even backing out of my driveway is a small curb and they make noise on that. I thought maybe they were loosening up, I bought some really good locking nuts from McMaster Carr. Installed those torqued them to the correct torque. Same issue happened again on the test drive within a block from my house.

So I decided to blue loctite with new locking nuts. Let it sit the night, drove it the next day same issue. So I doubled nut it (keep in mind each time I added a locking nut it was new not reused) and the same issue. So I left it double nutted and it makes noise still but doesn't loosen up. The nuts have remained the same torque each time I checked, even after autocross events. I'm just wondering if they clunk due to the spherical bushings they use?

If you can deal with the clunking like I do then they're not an issue. Keep in mind my car is a autocross car only, and is hardly driven on the street.
14BlackCherry is offline   Reply With Quote