View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheWolfe
Track Member

Drives: like a maniac
TheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Would anybody be interested in a one-off recreation of the Top Secret strut bars?

Title.

Hey guys! I'm looking to spiff up my engine bay and the stock strut bar is really plain, IMO. I'd rather not get it powdercoated (I want to be a little more unique than that... just sayin'). My solution is to make my own titanium struts and burn them to sort of make a one-off of the original JDM Top Secret struts.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea or not... I still have to model the strut and send them off to my parts manufacture, but it seems like a rather simple DIY.

Additionally, if anyone could point me in the direction of where to find the strut bar mounts for USDM shells, and their dimensions and stuff, that would be really great!

I'll keep this thread updated with how things are going

Also, http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...pse94cf056.jpg here is an image of the original strut!

EDIT: I may modify the original design slightly, but I'm not sure whether that's going to be a structural difference or maybe just different burn patterns. We'll see!

Last edited by TheWolfe; 02-03-2016 at 09:04 PM.
TheWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote