View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
dalton91
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G37
dalton91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
Beluga, J2 and Topspeed is all the same thing
According to the sources:
info@belugaracing.com,
sales@manzousa.com,
info@topspeedauto.com

I wrote to them in Nov 2015 -- I have a few questions about your Infiniti G37 axle back exhaust. On many of the Infiniti forums, it is common acceptance that all of the axle back exhausts (Beluga, M2, Manzo, Top Speed, OBX, Megan, etc..) are all exactly the same products probably shipped thru Alibaba from China. I am interested in purchasing one soon but have not decided which brand to go with, hence this email. My question for you would be is that a fair statement to make? Do you build your own exhaust? What makes your axle back better than the competition? And yes, it's okay if they are all exactly the same product as customer service, reputation and price are always a factor in my purchases. My apologies if this puts you in an odd position, I'm more interested in honesty than a load of bull.

Manzo -- Although our exhausts do have the same design as the others you are stating, we get them from different factories overseas. Not all of these brands are from China either. Megan Racing is actually made in Taiwan. Some companies will offer shipping through Alibaba from China, however, we do not. Our products, although made in China, ship from the United States to our customers. The main thing that sets our exhausts apart from others out there is the price difference and quality. Many other China factories out there will use low quality materials to manufacture their product. However, even though ours is also made in China, we do pay our factories a higher cost for using better quality steel and materials than the other brands.

Beluga -- Hi, thank you very much for the email. We manufacture our own exhausts, and our factory is in Taiwan and not China. Our exhausts are made out of T304 stainless with high quality TIG welding, and it comes with 1 year warranty. We understand some other companies offers very similar parts since it's hard to reinforce the copy right in China, but you can definitely tell the quality difference. I hope this answers your question. Thank you.

Top Speed -- I cannot speak for the other brands but I can assure you that our parts are not manufactured or shipped by a third party like alibaba. These are designed by us here in the Dallas, TX area, but the actual production takes place at our exclusive factory in Taiwan.
Really all it boils down to is this: is it good quality of metal being used, with TIG welding and mandrel pipe bending? Are the welds solid? Does it fit well? Do you like the sound? Beyond that, you're just paying for the hype, brand name, and marketing spin in the advertising.
Top Speed Auto Accessories, Inc. has been the largest designer, manufacturer, and seller of automotive performance bolt-on products in Texas for over 19 years. You will have to decide for yourself what you want for your car, but consider our company history, warranty, and ease of accessibility whenever you have a question, when deciding who to buy from.

I'll leave you to make your own decisions....

With all of this said... I did purchase a Top Speed axle back for Christmas and just installed it this evening. I have driven it about 25 miles tonight. It sounds great outside of the car but since I have a modified exhaust (custom "y" pipe with Magnaflow muffler , larger pipes etc.. which I absolutely love but wanted slightly louder) it is a bit too loud for my wife inside of the car. Again -- outside- I love it and so does she, but inside- a little loud with the windows up and the modified exhaust system I have. I will try to get a video or two tomorrow and will post. In regards to the original question... the fitment was spot on, overall of product was excellent, didn't stick out too much and no bending of any brackets.
dalton91 is offline   Reply With Quote