View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
AutoX Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Base, Sport
AutoX Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
In certain cases a little throttle-on is needed to keep a car stable under braking. These are mostly in racing applications, though, where brake biases and differential settings are very aggressive.

There isn't really any need to do this with a stock Z. I could think of maybe some situations where you might need a dab of brake to help set the nose, keeping the throttle on to avoid unsettling the rear wheels, or just to keep engine momentum up. But on the street, it's doubtful you will run into any of those situations... especially any extreme enough to cause cut-off.

Maybe they were running into throttle cut-off issues with heel-toe driving... but it seems like most here aren't running into that issue. I'm thinking if there's a cutoff it is probably only enabled when the car is in gear. I suppose one of us should apply a little throttle under braking while in gear and see what happens... then try to brake while applying throttle...
I can confirm that the throttle cuts when you try and left-foot brake. The 350Z did the same thing.
AutoX Z is offline   Reply With Quote