Thread: Stillen Headers
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
ANMVQ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Q50 AWD
ANMVQ will become famous soon enoughANMVQ will become famous soon enough

So to go into what happened with the header hitting.

So after the initial install Wednesday (1/13) every time I would turn RT at any speed above 10 MPH I would feel very bad vibration in the steering wheel. So I took the car back the shop on the following Monday and we took some pics he suggested I get stiffer motor mounts and see if that solves the issue. I went and ordered he Z1 motor mounts that night which are adjustable hoping they would help. In the mean time over the next few days and a 2 emails(multiple pics) and 2 phone calls into Stillen to see if they had any issue like this before. I had not received a phone call till Friday late afternoon after 5pm( The car was at the shop again getting the mounts installed). They basically told me that they aggreed with the pictures I sent them and that the drivers side header was devective. They offered to replaces it which was great but the said they wouldn't pay to have it replaced?? That would fall on the Vendor I bought them from? Just not sure how that is fair that Kyle at Import parts pro has to pat $450 because one of their headers are defective? Below is the break down of the clearence before the mounts and after the mounts, Pre mount install was 3MM after was 4MM.
An much props to Jason at Motive,
Email from Jason

I wanted to take this time to email you the information I was able to get for you today. I will be breaking this down with the math on how close this header is to the steering shaft. Take a look at here Before anything was touched. ( PICS are in order in from the email)
Just 3.175mm in space! ( From the headers to the steering shaft.

After the mounts and a little adjustment on the rear mounting bolt for the exhaust yielded a gain of 1.245mm.... Adding the two blades to the right into our new total of 4.220mm

Last edited by ANMVQ; 01-25-2016 at 03:41 PM.
ANMVQ is offline   Reply With Quote