View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
wow uniden. i didnt know they were still around.. lol my first radar detector back in the late 80's was uniden..
My first RD was a uniden, back in '97. Fun story:

My parents are very superstitious (on a 1-10 superstition scale, my dad is like a 6, my mom is a 10... I am probably a 2)..

I got my Uniden RD as a christmas gift when I was 16... I was currently driving a maroon '90 Subary Legacy.. pretty nice car for a HS kid! One week later, I wasn't paying any attention at an intersection in my home town colloquially known as "The Triangle of Death" and I made a left turn into a Geo Metro.

I didn't have a car anymore.. so my buddy with a '94 Acura Integra SE asked to borrow the RD and after a couple of days got hit with an Instant-On and got a ticket (I happened to be in the car with him). He decided he could no longer afford to speed, so he did not need the RD anymore...

Another friend with a '90 RX-7 Turbo asked to borrow it.. couple of days later a wheel flies off a semi and lands on his windshield on the highway. The semi came to a stop, but my buddy didn't react in time what with huge wheels raining from the sky, and embedded his RX-7 under the back of the semi (ruined his hood... not all that bad considering).

So he was without his car for a while.. I got the RD back. Told my parents about all that was going on - My dad promptly asked if he could see it - then took it into the garage and destroyed it with a hammer. I asked why destroy it? Why not sell it or return it? He said - "I don't want anyone else getting this thing."

I never had any issues with my V1 in my 350z... But I did recently total my 2011 370z with my 9500ix. Being that I had that RD for a couple of years before the accident, I have ruled it out as the cause
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote