View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
I know what Rusty is talking about. There's an old thread here about 6mt issues and someone posted on how they were on their 3rd tranny, not because of the same repeated issue, but because each unit seemed to have a different problem with it.

As far as I know, the tranny and engine are the same from 09-16. Would the opposite apply here too? What I'm asking is if it's possible for the brand new (2015-2016) Zs to have large power train components dating back to 2009 such as engine and transmissions installed as O.E.?
No, a new car will have everything new in it. It's what is called "Just in time inventory." Meaning that there is nothing in inventory until the car is ordered. Once ordered. The parts start to flow into the assembly line from the vendors. And the vendors don't like to have inventory on hand, because in some places. They have to pay tax on it. Where I'm at. We pay tax on spare parts.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote