View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
370z1
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Stillen SC
370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute370z1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Job "oscargarza88"!
I just purchased mine too, these are the best priced front camber control arms I have seen and they appear to have a good design. I too am tired of eating up the inside on all 4 tires only to have their outside tread almost new, (uhg). But to be honest originally when I had my alignment done (after) lowering the (Z) AND adding wider tires in rear (305's) & fronts (265's) I suspected doing that would cause tires to get chewed up because as we know the (Z) already has several degree camber from factory so when we lower the car and add fatter tires it can only make the need for adjustable camber (front & rear) a requirement. BUT that being said, after I got my alignment after lowering spring and wider tires the tech showed me he was able to get the camber to only a few degrees shy of neutral position ie: 0-degree's so when we looked at it it was not bad at all, in fact the tires front and rear were very close to looking flat on the ground but being close to being flat won't work and that was my own wishful thinking. I knew eventually I was gonna get the front and rear camber kits but one thing leads to another and only after 6,000 miles I ate up my beautiful new Hankook 265/305 set when the camber had only been out by a couple degrees. Anyway, lesson learned so now I am looking forward to add these and the rear kit too then drive what i have left off these then install new kit, get the new tires and finally another alignment.

Plus having my 20mm rear spacers are also counterproductive to my camber goals so I hope these new kits get me very close to neutral zero degrees. Well wait, if I am at zero then tire will sit perfectly flat and that is a problem because since the spacers are pushing the rears outward now they don't sit I side the fender well so I will have a rubbing issue. Hmmmm, I like my spacers, and I want zero degrees on my camber, but something gotta give, after I decide what I did I will post some pic ok.

Question for DatsunFTW or anyone who who's. Is the Alignment tech forced to remove the front end to I stall front camber arms? That could be an issue for me. I have the Stillen front bumper they refer to it as their "facia" anyway over time some of the clip which hold it on have been damaged and I know the tech won't know how certain things are gently being held together and I could risk them breaking it completely and I don't want to be out a front Stillen bumper as that would run a lot after paint and labor. Hmmmm, I love our custom cars but at some point I am gonna get tired of all the little hidden gotcha's you know?

Well I look forward to your updates and how the rest of you felt about the install of the new arms and how smoothly it went for you.
370z1 is offline   Reply With Quote