View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
AngelSoulll
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37S 6MT
AngelSoulll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Read what you just wrote. You need a better tune from someone else.
Let me point something out. The first tuner who tuned the car was John Visconti. The second one is Sebastian @ Specialty Z who I consulted about the tune and he literally said that "the engine knocks rather easily. This is why it's not making more power". And then he suggested "to run higher Octane and perform another WOT log. Check the knock corrections. If its OK and you get 0 correction try running a more aggressive map and repeat logging". And I did that. It's all written in the OP.

Now both John and Sebastian pointed out that the fuel is the issue and no more power can be added unless I run a higher Octane fuel, I guess this is a good reason to look for such mod.

I asked Sebastian about the water/meth and this was his opinion: "We don't like water\meth because of the negatives it can bring, more so on a forced induction application. On an NA I've never tried it to know how well it may work. It would definitely help with knock and keep temps cooler. May not be a bad idea. There is less risk on an NA engine as well."
AngelSoulll is offline   Reply With Quote