View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 12:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
AngelSoulll
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37S 6MT
AngelSoulll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
This is the most overkill thread I've seen.

Buy a faster car, buy a cat back, intakes, HFCs, something not water/meth.

If you NEED higher octane still, do Toluene mix, not xylene. Toluene doesn't need additives
It's not that overkill when I only have few options available in my case. It's not that I'm not happy with how my car performs. I like the G more than any other car in its class. Just want it to put out more and see the outcome. Aren't most of us modding for the same reason? plus a little drag racing fun

I've already had test pipes installed. And Z1 CAI kit will also be installed soon.

I'm just not satisfied with the tune as I've spent about $850 for only 3 WHP max!. The tuner couldn't help more because of the low Octane gas here. So this what got me to think of this mod. Believe me if I at least can put my hands on a 93 AKI gas, I would've completely ignored the idea of the water meth injection.

I also can't buy Toluene or Xylene. They're not licensed for individuals . But it's ok to grab a big drum of Methanol. Paint thinners here contain small amount of Toluene. Other types contain white Kerosene and some alcohol. Can't find anything contains Toluene or Xylene on any market shelves.

I could get a cat back and not even ask about any brand because the forums are already full of threads about them. I'm just trying to do something unique hoping to get good results that maybe some people would find it useful.
AngelSoulll is offline   Reply With Quote