View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
AngelSoulll
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37S 6MT
AngelSoulll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
No problem -- hope my suggestions help!

Can you also make adjustments after datalogging?

Can you give me a screenshot of what variables you can datalog -- I might be able to point to some key ones to record.

Also, how does ECUtek record knock events? What does the actual output look like?

I'm sure one of us can help pin point it. One easy thing to check is to see what looks different in the various maps between a stock settings map and yours. Anything changed at part throttle would certainly be suspect. It could easily be poor VVEL settings.

If its not actually knocking, but rather some other thing is making a noise (which, BTW, can still fool the ECU into thinking you are knocking, as it just records a given deviation from recorded engine resonance, and if it passes a certain threshold, is logged as knock) then it could also be an unusual spot of valve chatter, or if you have a 7AT, a cracked flexplate -- a few folks have had that happen, and it both sounds like knocking and fools the ECU too.
It sure helped.

With EcuTek, there is no option like the Uprev tuner license which let you adjust some few factors and tunes. Only a pro tuner who is licensed by EcuTek can do that.

Check the log attached, it's a 4th gear pull was taken with the regular 95 RON pump gas. Generally it looks good but the tuner tuned it based on the quality and the Octane of the gas which is the limiting factor for more improvement.

You can check the knock corrections occurred during the pull. If there is less or no correction, more timing can be added.

I will also try to log the low RPM knocking to get plenty of data which would explain these weird knocking events.

I usually open the files on an Excel sheet. Don't know if there is any other programs can show the logs better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4th Gear Pull with Regular pump gas.zip (54.6 KB, 2 views)
AngelSoulll is offline   Reply With Quote