View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Inspector71
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 Pearl White Z
Inspector71 is on a distinguished road
Default That is awful

Sorry to hear it Rusty. I hope no one else experiences this. I lost my kids and house when my X ran off with someone else. Her family had money and a good lawyer. I was broke. I was a new teacher making $21K a year and paying $900 a month for child support. Lost a lot of weight those days. Everyone at work asked if I like the freeze dried soup I hate for lunch. I said no. They asked why eat it? I said, because it's 18 cents a cup. They asked why I was driving an almost 30 year old car. I gave up trying to explain.

In 2012, my ex decided she wanted more money. The problem was, we had a divorce agreement that stated when the girls turned 18, I was done. The oldest was 22 and the youngest 20. Nevertheless, she filed from Texas here in Mudzouri saying I was a deadbeat dad. Missouri's department of family services said if I did not cough up the money, about $20K, they were going to suspend my teacher's license, drivers license, seize my passport and garnished my wages.
I sent all the appropriate documents and they garnished my wages at $1250.00 a month. I demanded a hearing. I got one months and months later, and had to hire an attorney. During the hearing, my Ex confessed she knew the cut off was at age 18. I won. Mudzouri gave me back the income tax refund from the feds they had seized but not the child support they had wrongly taken.
The X filed again and the garnishment started again. I had another hearing, won again, and they gave me back the next years's federal income tax refund they had seized and two paychecks. Then I went to court to get this in stone.
I had to pay $6700.00 to my attorney which meant selling off a big chunk of my gun collection, pay $15K for one child's college, and $3700.00 in health insurance to the X for the kids even though they were and are still on my plan!
To top it off, Mudzouri Department of family services won't return the $7400.00 in child support they stole from me, that they and the X admitted I did not owe. I have been trying for 2 years to get that money back.
Sorry to vent. I am going to Texas this weekend. My dad is dying and this will probably be it.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote