View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 06:37 AM   #32 (permalink)
scope22
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: wife crazy
scope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond reputescope22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
Not to belabor a previous post, but when I moved from California to Missouri with my 86 Rx7, I noticed that pickup trucks would occasionally tailgate, and I mean so close I could see the driver's teeth, and sit on my bumper in the morning shining headlights into my cabin. They were so close I could see shadows from the hair on my hands. Over the years, individuals I met, including my neighbors, allowed they did not like "Furin" cars especially Japanese sports cars. The same happened with my 09' 370Z. From December 2014 to November 2015, I drove a Dodge Challenger. Didn't happen once. Now I'm back in a Z, only one month and the following story has happened twice.
On Saturday I was driving up my street, a quiet residential neighborhood with a speed limit that goes from 35 to 25. I was on the way to the woods to go hiking. At the one stop sign on my long street, I saw a large black vehicle approaching at a high rate of speed. I pulled out and continued on at 35. Within seconds, he was on my bumper. He raced up to me at a high rate of speed and stopped inches from my bumper. And he stayed there. I looked in the door side mirror. It was a primer black Chevy, stacked quad headlights, pickup with a lift kit and no front plate. The driver was late teens/early twenties, short blonde hair, ball cap. I drove about an eighth of a mile and slowed (with signal) to turn onto a side street. The driver of the Chevy pickup laid on the horn. I was pissed and yelled "What's your problem redneck!" He honked again and gave me the finger.
I'm an older guy and old school. I will keep my cell phone (a flip phone...I told you. old) out of my pocket and on to call the police next time. Any suggestions? This was in Blue Springs Missouri on Roanoke drive between highway 7 and Adams Dairy
i would just stop put emergency lights on and not move, make him back up and go around.
scope22 is offline   Reply With Quote