View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barncobob View Post
ive never had any luck selling auto stuff on CL, its the home of the low ballers.
Actually, Craigslist has good potential for commonly circulated items IMO. If you're trying to sell a one-off Top Secret piece, not so much.

I put a set of rashed OEM sport rims on CL for $1000 - I didn't really want to sell them because I wanted the extra set and the ability to run a square set up. But someone in Houston needed them to trade in with his Z, paid my initial asking price with no qualms, and even drove to Austin to pick them up. In my ad, I made sure to note that the MSRP is ~$900 apiece knowing full well that's double what I would pay for new ones. But when someone sees I'm asking less than 1/3 of that price and doesn't know any better, they get excited and think they found a deal.

I think I would have been lucky to get $700-800 for them on this forum, and I likely would have ended up dealing with the hassle of shipping them.

GLWS, OP

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote