View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post

While there are a lot of things that can cause squeaks, it's usually two (or more) pieces of metal/plastic that are rubbing together. You might try tightening every fastener you can reach without pulling the seat but things could probably use a good clean-and-lube anyway.

Personally, I'd avoid the WD40-type products (light oils) and stick with a heavy grease but whatever works for you.

I'd happily use WD-40 for the cleaning portion of "clean-and-lube". But I'd definitely go with a heavy grease for the lube portion. WD-40 is not a lubricant.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote