View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spstone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo 6MT PW
Spstone is on a distinguished road

When I was looking I drove just about every thing between 45-55K. Why the Z wasn't the fastest, or the most luxurious I would say it was the most balanced. Also when I looked at the cost of ownership it was a bargain compared to other cars. The insurance quote on a vet or a SRT challenger was almost triple. The cost of parts for a Porsche just turned me off all together, especially being the ones in my price range where not any thing I really wanted. So yea I would say a NISMO is a drivers car, and probably the best driver you will get in that price range as long as you fully understand what it is. It's a budget sports cars that does a lot of things great, but is not the best in any one category. That being said I have seen a lot of track video's of it eating up cars well out of it's class. There is one guy in a group I follow on face book that consistently clocks high 12sec quarter mile times on a bone stock 2015.

Appearance wise my NISMO gets more attention than my buddies STI. Also the STI feels like a sedan driving it while the NISMO feels like a racecar to me.

So in my opinion the Z is a contender for what you describe to want out of it. Than again I've wanted a Z car my whole life so I might be a little partial. I also have owned a lotus esprit and have worked multiple exotics so I'm not a stranger to performance. Is it the holly grail of sports cars? No, is it an all around fun enthusiast car, it sure as hell is that.
Spstone is offline   Reply With Quote