View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #71 (permalink)
hjo1078
Track Member

Drives: twin turbo 370z
hjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond reputehjo1078 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
Can someone please create a list of advantages and disadvantages, or feature compariosn between ECUTEK and UPREV?

Thank you.
i can name some advantages for you, but as far as disadvantages i cant think of any.

1. on the fly map switching, im pretty sure i wasnt able to do this on uprev but its very useful for me when im on the street and someone tries to test me, I can switch to map 4 and call it a day all while driving.
2. Flex fuel- Lets u run any mixture of pump gas or ethanol, or e85 whatevers convenient for u.
3. Built in TRC with a temp highjack
4. Launch control- super easy to engage, easy as turning vdc off, put into gear, and hit the gas and clutch at the same time.
5. no lift shifting- you can shift while never letting go of ur gas.
6. No need for a boost controller

and i cant think of anything else at the moment.

oh damn i thought of a disadvantage: You cant self tune with ecutek but with uprev you can. But im no tuner so its not really a disadvantage.
hjo1078 is offline   Reply With Quote