View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #96 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Just a status of what's going on with my car and see what you guys think. It's probably a tuning issue at the moment.

My car still idle hunts, but only after it warms up. There are times it'll rise to 1.2k RPM for a few seconds, and then back down. The past week it'll hang around 1.2-1.5k RPM indefinitely and throws a high idle code after driving across down. If I quickly shutoff and restart it doesn't idle past 1k anymore afterward. Then I found out both of the 10mm silicone hoses from the PCV (to oil catch cans) had oil residue, so I cleaned and tightened it. I'll try to find thicker hoses that's less susceptible to collapsing under PCV vacuum later. It's doing much better now, but still idle hunts after a warm start.

Other than that it holds 9 PSI boost very well, doesn't lag like it used to, and still no fuel smell. I found a pump across town with 93 octane. It was already running smooth to begin with no hot start issues. It's much more smooth now. Tires are starting to slip more often in 1st

So my next option is the tune, but I rather save up to make the switch to EcuTek and get it dyno tuned. However, I need to switch to EBC first.

[EDIT] Found out the cheap Godspeed catch cans were responsible for at least 95% of all vacuum leaks. I sealed up the cans the best I could with dramatic results. There's still some idle hunting, but nowhere near as bad as before. There were times it could maintain a steady idle. There's still a hissing sound in one of the cans after adding RTV and epoxy to seal up everything I could. These things are terrible and don't hold up well to PCV pressure. Time to cough up more cash for something better.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 11-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote