View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 04:57 AM   #53 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You should rethink your electrical connectors inside the tank. You want your connectors outside the tank, not inside. You want solid wire inside the tank. If you have to make a connection inside. Solder it and heat shrink it. You don't want to be like TWA flight 800.
The wires with the connectors inside are there because thats where the oem wires ended after being cut off from the old white top. I didnt look but i dont think cutting them off the old sensor and trying to add new ones will work without finding new pin connectors and stuff. Leaving them attached like oem is best. Regardless of how it is in there it has to have a connector in there because if its a solid connection i wont be able to pull the pump ever as the two sensors are using the same top and outlet. Everytime i go in id have to cut them in half making the wires shorter and shorter. Solid could of worked if the wires came out the top of the tank vs the white pump housing top but we didnt do it that way.

PS as for solidering...per my builder who has done WRC built cars...solidering is a 100% no no!! Solidering weakens the wires just outside the solider. So vibration can have them weaken and break just like a weld on metal outside the bead. In all racing they dont do this. They use solid tub style connectors and just crimp them together and heat shrink.