View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #4561 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
A valid point, but outside of a few die-hard car nuts, no one cares.

There are plenty of 10-year-old winter-driven cars with minimal rust (as in, surface rust on the underside components and shiny paint and rust-free bodywork) around here, and I think most people are going to get rid of the car well before it's 10 years old. So really, for most people it doesn't even matter. The paint is still relatively shiny, the leather doesn't have cracks, the car isn't breaking down often, etc. When it's 7 or 8 years old and it's no longer the "current model" or something else catches their eye, they sell it and move on, and it really didn't matter much that they didn't leave it parked in a garage all winter at all.

If someone buys a nice car and drives it in in the winter, who cares. At least they're driving it... Which is what it's made for.
lots of blah blah blah today.

my hobby cars are just toys. no need to dirty up my toys when i dont need to. why buy nice shoes and walk in mud? you have boots for dat. datz wat im saying. get the right car for the right occasion.