View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #4093 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post

That's what have always done (in the spring) except I've also changed it in the fall. In spring, when the 6 month interval is up again, I get it changed again. So, Nov 1 and May 1, more or less.

It's probably a waste of money but whatever.

Not absolutely, but your battery will last a lot longer and the car will actually start without charging it in the spring.

Also you don't want to have the battery so dead that the "drop the windows 1/4 inch" thing doesn't happen.

You don't need those, you don't need to move the car forward and back, and you don't need Sta-bil. I leave my tires at the normal pressure (which is 34 psi in my case) when I store the car every year, I've never had a problem with flat spots. As long as the tires aren't low on air you won't have a problem.

A lot of the "wisdom" on this subject is more applicable to 60's cars with 60's gas tanks and bias-ply tires.
I ordered a tender just to be safe. Cheap $25 one. Flatstoppers were insane. I'll take my chances with flat tires. For the $10, I'll get stabil. Can't hurt. The storage place is heated and on tile. So I'm not to worried.