View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #4092 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
Good afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
In the spring in the first start, I take it for a nice long drive and get the oil nice and hot. Any condensation that may have accumulated while it was sitting will evaporate. In my opinion, it's only needed to change before or after storage.
That's what have always done (in the spring) except I've also changed it in the fall. In spring, when the 6 month interval is up again, I get it changed again. So, Nov 1 and May 1, more or less.

It's probably a waste of money but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
DO we absolutely need battery tenders?
Not absolutely, but your battery will last a lot longer and the car will actually start without charging it in the spring.

Also you don't want to have the battery so dead that the "drop the windows 1/4 inch" thing doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
$250 for flatstoppers. No thanks. i'll have the guy move the car forwards and back a foot each month.
You don't need those, you don't need to move the car forward and back, and you don't need Sta-bil. I leave my tires at the normal pressure (which is 34 psi in my case) when I store the car every year, I've never had a problem with flat spots. As long as the tires aren't low on air you won't have a problem.

A lot of the "wisdom" on this subject is more applicable to 60's cars with 60's gas tanks and bias-ply tires.